To provide SELF with the leadership and resources needed to run an effective literacy service in the Region of Peel.
- Attend meetings regularly
- Establish policies
- Set goals and identify functions of SELF and set priorities for action
- Raise funds
- Approve the budget and determine staff salaries and benefits
- Evaluate staff and programs
- Oversee the management and safeguarding of all assets and resources
- Maintain confidentiality of information at meetings
- Belief that literacy is critical to full participation in the community
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience on boards/committees
- Leadership experience that has proven to meet objectives and targets
- Strong ties to the corporate sector and/or community
- Willingness to devote four to six hours per month to SELF activities
- Knowledge of literacy issues and the Region of Peel is an asset. Two references required.
Conflict of Interest
No person who has any actual or potential personal, philosophical or financial conflict of interest with SELF's activities and programs will be accepted as a board member.